Old 25-08-2011, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Mortgage Lifter

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:57:50 -0400, The Cook
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:07:10 -0400, Boron Elgar

Yes...the cherries get given away, but those perfect full size
tomatoes are guarded like treasure.

I just made 3.5 pints of sauce from my grape tomatoes. Couldn't think
of anything else to do with them. About tomorrow I guess I will be
canning another7 quarts of tomatoes. I'm thinking about
gazpacho, hummus and tzatziki today. Bought some pita since I doubt I
will feel like making them today. Maybe I will search the freezer and
see if I still have some there.

The NY Times has a great way of using cherries in a caramelized tarte.
....and 25 other ways to use tomatoes, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/17/dining/171arex.html

Last week we had gazpacho and I take a little salad of the cherries,
cukes and cottage cheese every day for lunch now. If I want to fancy
that up, I add a dollop of sour cream and a bit of onion. By the time
I get tired of it, the season is over.

Boron