Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
william kossack

Default Lead weights?

If lead weights are not dangerous or a problem then why have most retail
sources (at least in Denver) stopped carrying them?

I've had to resort to using potsherds that I've drilled and tied together with
string or fishing

The only way I've been able to get more lead weights is by buying plants that
have them on them.

Craig Brye wrote:

Does anyone use lead weights to keep stem plants from floating around? Are
they safe?

I recently saw some in a store, but neglected not to get any. I'm sick of
constantly having to pull up my stem plants and then replanting them in the
gravel. I have to clip them every 4-5 days or they'll take over the tank.
I would love to just wrap a lead weight around them and drop them in.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online