Old 25-08-2011, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Self sown tomatoes

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:51:53 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote ...

[...]
Any sign of the dreaded blight yet?
That is what normally finishes off my outdoor tomatoes.

Yes, blight is alive and well on our allotment site. Quite a few of the"new"
gardeners have lost their whole crop as most won't spray with anything
chemical. Ours are OK, sprayed with Bordeaux Mixture twice so far and we
grow blight resistant varieties only anyway.

Should somebody tell these enthusiasts that Bordeaux mixture is
approved for organic crops? Or am I wrong?

--
Mike.