Old 26-08-2011, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Mortgage Lifter

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:26:05 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Boron Elgar wrote:

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:04:10 -0700 (PDT), fsadfa

I don't care what variety the tomato I grew was - whether heirloom or
hybrid - I just want it identified.

How nice for you.

Likewise, I am sure.

I presume that your unidentified "heirloom" tomato is still in
production, it being only the 25th of Aug., and still full summer here
in the northern hemisphere.

The heirloom is spent and has been for almost 2 weeks. Late blight got
to it early, actually, and it spread from that to other plants near
by, taking out several others, but I have another patch of different
varieties far from it.

Northern NJ here. Great summer for tomatoes.. Never had so many
tomatoes so early in the season. Most grown from seed sewn directly in
the soil. I have great luck with that. The "heirloom" and Mortgage
Lifter were purchased as plants, though.

Go on with your exposition, I am sure someone is listening.

Boron