Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
WD

Default Lead weights?

"E. Mito" wrote in message
In article ady8a.293355$2H6.4525@sccrnsc04, "WD"
writes:

Why are you pulling them up to prune them? This is silly and damaging to

the
health of the plants.

There's nothing "silly" about pulling stem plants up to prune them. This

is
usually how stem plants are pruned...keep the nice new growth to replant

while
getting rid of the leggy bottom portion. Usually looks better to do it

this
way, although some people get away pruning a few types of stem plants

(rotala
is one, sometimes I can achieve this with my ludwigia) from the top and

still
have good looking plants (i.e. they don't have the crewcut look).

Hm. Good info. Perhaps I'll try this for a time. ty.