Old 27-08-2011, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Compost - How much moisture?

On Aug 26, 7:36*pm, "AL_n" wrote:
I've been experimenting with compost-making. I had a load of wire fencing
going spare, so I made a circular pen, aboit 5ft diameter and 3ft 6" tall,
filling with my compostable material, which is a mixture of grass sods and
stable straw mixed with horse excrement - and some dry straw which the
horses missed!

I have a book on self-sufficiency which tells me to shelter the heap from
the rain (very important, it says). So I did so, using a tarp.

I then aquired a few more bags of stable straw, mixed with horse excrement.