Old 27-08-2011, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia[_3_] Fuschia[_3_] is offline

Default Naming a character (a rebel) after a plant

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:25:05 +0000, JohnsonII
wrote:

Hi I'm writing a story and am in the process of trying to name my main
character. I was hopeing to name them after a plant in someway but i
wanted a to choose a plant that suits their character.

so my question was what is a plant/tree that grows in an urban
enviorment, is a very high threat to buildings in terms of damage, has
very agressive and extensive roots that develop widely before it starts
to grow above the surface and is almost impossible to get rid of?

if such a plant exists or something the most simmiler to my description
id love to know. even if it doesnt have a very adaptable name such as
"japanese knot weed" i can find ways to mix it so that it can become
something more like a persons name so I will worry about that.

But yes I'd really appreciate you guys expertees!
thanks for your time,
John

You have just described Buddleia.
It's a nuisance in urban areas because its wind-blown seeds take root
on roofs and gutters It pops up in the most awkward places.