Old 27-08-2011, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default low hedge - sort of

On 27/08/2011 13:50, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Spider
writes
Where I needed a smart, low hedge, I planted a row of Euonymus
microphyllus pulchella. It will do pretty much everything box will do,
except get box blight. I have another, shorter, hedge of just plain
Euonymous micropyllus, which is more readily avaiable. I am very
pleased with both forms and they are knitting together well now.

Oh now not thought of that and could be kept quite neat and tidy if i
clip it for them. Thanks Spider.

You're most welcome! I may be worth mentioning that, just as with box,
it should not be clipped in the heat of the sun, or the cut leaf edges
will become brown and unsightly.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London