Old 27-08-2011, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default OT The red arrows

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Sacha wrote:

The reports aren't in but one theory was a bird-strike and that
he'd tried to use his ejector seat but didn't have enough height for
it to deploy properly. It's a terrible tragedy.

My son-in-law (ex fighter pilot) says that the bird-strike theory is
discounted. His own theory is that the pilot suffered (and I think
I've got this right) "G-lock". At the moment of the manoeuvre he
would have been subjected to a force of 4G and would have temporarily
consciousness. A fault with the aircraft is also discounted as none of
the others have been grounded on account of the accident. The force of
the impact would (according to Sean) have caused the ejector seat to
fire anyway.

But I thought he put out a 'Mayday'?

Red Leader put out the Mayday which was picked up illegally by someone.
Red Leader asked the others if they could see where the plane went in
and one of the others said they saw something in the river.

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France