Old 27-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Laura Corin Laura Corin is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post

Not sure if I missed something - but if the OP is getting three fellahs
to do the removal, they will usually do stump grinding for not much
more. Doesn't get rid of all the root, but takes it reasonably back.[/i][/color]

I missed that bit. If a stump grinder is available then it is easy. A
trace of dilute copper sulphate on the remaining bits cut ends will help
accelerate the wood rot fungi colonising the leftovers.

Regards,
Martin Brown
No - there's just one fellah (husband) doing the felling, with teenage son for extra muscle power. We'd have to hire a stump grinder. Would that be the best thing to do?

Thanks

Laura