Old 27-08-2011, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Irene

On 8/27/11 7:47 AM, Chris Thompson wrote:
So much for my garden

Chris

We almost never see freezing weather here. One winter, however, I lost
several plants to a severe freeze. The local nursery advised me to
ignore the possibility of a repeat freeze since they happen once in 10
years or less. In the years since then, that proved to be very good
advice.

How often is your garden affected by a hurricane or tropical storm?
Maybe you should ignore the possibility of a repeat catastrophe in your
garden. On top of that, bulbs, perennials, and most shrubs will come
back by themselves.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see