Old 27-08-2011, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Something has had me goldfish?

On Aug 27, 5:29*pm, "Interloper" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote:

In our case never seen any grass snakes.

Doesn't mean they're not there - they're stealthy little devils!

A couple of acres of landscaped gardens with well mown lawns.
However, there is an Island in the middle of the pond where
Ducks, Moorhens and Coots have their nests and raise their chicks, grass
snakes like eggs don't they?

Grass snakes much prefer frogs, but will readily take fish instead. *I've
seen more grass snakes that I've seen frogs these past few years.

I don't know whether grass snakes take small eggs, but duck's, moorhen's and
coot's eggs would be too big for them to handle.
--
Interloper

I have grass sankes. All my sticklebacks do seem to have disappeared.