Old 27-08-2011, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
STEPHEN STEPHEN is offline

Default Conifers

when is the best time to plant one

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Stephen" wrote in message
I am about to buy a conifer as the other gave up the chase.If I go to the
local garden centre what should I be asking for.Where its going it as sun
in the afternoon. I recently changed the garden (re- turfed ) So what do I
need and is there any hidden danger I should look out for

TIA

Ste

Mark the spot where you intend to plant it, measure 15' in all directions,
if you have the space to lose that much garden go ahead, if not then the
conifer must be one you can reduce in size in future years without ending
up with an unsightly brown mess

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs