Old 28-08-2011, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

Default Self sown tomatoes

On Aug 26, 12:46*pm, wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
I work loosely on the basis "if I wouldn't want to eat it, I dont' want it
on my food crops". *Althuogh I do give allowance for not really wanting a
chicken manure pellet sandwich.

But you don't spray it on your food crops you spray it on the perennial
weeds. :-)

You have no idea how clumsy people in this house/allotment area are.
Nick would have a Bright Idea, and it would involve coating the entire
allotment in Something Bad. *Or sellotape. *Or maybe sellotaping the Bad
Stuff in Strategic Positions.

Short end of a high-rise wedge.

I wonder if anyone's still growing 1950s style. My 50s gardening book
says (I dont remeber the exact phrasing) to put a mercury compound
down in the rows with the seeds, and spray later with DDT.

NT