Old 28-08-2011, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Irene

On 8/27/11 3:02 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/27/11 7:47 AM, Chris Thompson wrote:
So much for my garden

Chris

We almost never see freezing weather here. One winter, however, I lost
several plants to a severe freeze. The local nursery advised me to
ignore the possibility of a repeat freeze since they happen once in 10
years or less. In the years since then, that proved to be very good
advice.

How often is your garden affected by a hurricane or tropical storm?
Maybe you should ignore the possibility of a repeat catastrophe in your
garden. On top of that, bulbs, perennials, and most shrubs will come
back by themselves.

not sure where the OP is from, but honestly, it's just gusty winds here.
Unless the firmly planted tomato cages get airborn, I've got little to
worry about. There's always next year