Old 28-08-2011, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Something has had me goldfish?

On Aug 28, 10:41*am, wrote:
In message
* * * * * "Interloper" wrote:

wrote:

Our two remaining fish are traumatised lurking at the bottom
of the pond.

That's a typical indication of a heron having been in your pool.

Strange that there has been no evidence of a predator, like
damaged foliage, pond plants etc all left intact, the heron must
be very stealthy to leave to trace.

Herons have low cunning believe me. We have a regular visitor. He
often flies over doing a recci I reckon. Comes early in the
morning. Fishes until disturbed in our wildlife pond.
My other pond is concrete box over a meter deep. Never goes near that
one