Old 28-08-2011, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Conifers

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:04:53 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:24:03 +0100, "Stephen"
wrote:

thanks for the advice. this a NG and that is precisely what its for. My
other conifer died because we had moved it, so conifers look like a
temperamental bush. They do not take up allot of space and its perfect for
the space I have for it. I just wanted advice, in which these NG are made
for?

pruned

Clearly you have not read the advice offered. And, incidentally, it's
bad manners to post at the top of earlier messages. You should post at
the bottom.

You say "They do not take up a lot of space" - clearly ignoring
Charlie's advice. Last year I spent days, plus a lot of money hiring
kit, to remove a "dwarf" conifer that was about 20 feet across and
about 35 high. It was, I believe, about 15 years old. Leylandii will
easily be about 20 feet tall and 8-10 across in 10 years if you don't
keep them under control.

It's obvious you are going to do whatever it is you want so there is
little point in any of us helping you.

And I forgot to mention - conifers are trees, not bushes.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk