Old 28-08-2011, 11:15 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
thanks for the advice. this a NG and that is precisely what its for. My
other conifer died because we had moved it, so conifers look like a
temperamental bush. They do not take up allot of space and its perfect for
the space I have for it. I just wanted advice, in which these NG are made
for?
No, actually newsgroups are for discussion, in this case, discussion about gardening in the UK.

Conifer means "cone bearing" - it's a shorthand for a large number of families containing hundreds of types of tree of all shapes and sizes, most, though not all, of which bear cones. To say "conifers look like a temperamental bush" is about the equivalent of saying "bedding plants have blue flowers" just because the one you happened to have had blue flowers.

Reading between the lines, you seem to be saying that you want to replace the conifer you had with another one the same. But unless we know what it was you had we can't advise you!