Old 29-08-2011, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

The Medway Handyman wrote:
In ,
Steve wrote:
The selfishness of smokers has always amazed me. I have worked with and
been friends with a number and two things stick out. Firstly, in the
days when you could smoke in pubs, the whole group had to sit and suffer
in the smoking area, even if there was only one smoker with us,
otherwise they'd whinge and moan so much that they'd ruin the evening.

I find it very amusing. Non smokers always said how much they hated pubs
because of the smoke. Now they're all non smoking, they're closing in
droves...

Govmint ministers also claimed that, but have very quiet since. I
wonder why?

I smoke. I used to drive. There is no pub within walking distance and I
am too old to cycle and frankly it ain't a worthwile experience to do
the pain bit.

So basically these days I don't go in a pub from one week to the next.

Last time I went was simply to get a decent meal . We sat outside in the
garden and smoked haha.

basically the pub has lost its purpose. We can drink at home cheaper. we
can smoke at home, we can watch the football/rugby/cricket at home. Its
warmer at home. Its not full of ******s at home who sniff disapprovingly
every time you roll a fag. We can take the dogs at home. We can eat for
1/10th the price and better food at home.

I cant afford the diesel and the risk to my license to drive to the pub,
and for what? to see a bunch of tired boring shitheads drinking and
being 'social' while they work out who they can shag tonight?

Or try and impress each other?