Old 29-08-2011, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I find it very amusing. Non smokers always said how much they hated
pubs because of the smoke. Now they're all non smoking, they're
closing in droves...

That's because the pubs never catered for the non smokers and they all
went elsewhere.

Like home, given no-where is allowed to cater for smokers indoors?

They lost the best part of a generation of customers
who don't see any reason to go to the pub now. There are plenty of
other places that did cater for non smokers that have a growing
customer base.

Like? In the days when smoking was allowed in public places, I can't think
of any that banned it. Given were I live they must have been pretty rare.

In this world its adapt or go bust.

Or be busted...

The hysterical anti smoking lobby got its way. It would have been
perfectly possible to either let pubs choose to be smoking or non smoking
- or to provide a properly ventilated smoking area indoors.
And the double standards are amazing. Of course smoking is a recreational
drug that no-one needs, and has anti-social consequences. But then so has
alcohol, and its use seems to be positively encouraged. And the side
effects of that cost society far more than fags do.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.