Old 29-08-2011, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Hugh - Was Invisible Hugh - Was Invisible is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On 2011-08-29, Steve wrote:

Because smokers are the ones carrying out an action and inflicting their
smoke on non-smokers, whereas non-smokers simply want them to stop doing
so. We don't care whether you smoke or not, we simply want you not to
inflict that smoke on us. If I kept squirting water around in a pub,

A better metaphor would be if you went round the pub urinating on people.

Still not a good metaphor. Passive smoking is dangerous as well as
unpleasant. How about the smokers playing Russian roulette?