Old 29-08-2011, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:37:27 +1000, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:24:40 +0100 Steve Walker wrote :
As a smoker you won't have the experience, but I frequently recoil from
the smell of tobacco smoke

It's extraordinary now to think that there was a time (before I took up
travelling) when people smoked on planes. A good while back I had a
number of British Rail archive films of the 1950s and smoking at your
desk seemed to be the norm.

You don't have to got that far back when even characters in
children's entertainment were depicted smoking. The Lady Penelope
Character in Thunderbirds was one example and this caused a bit of
controversy when the series became popular again about 10 years ago.

G.Harman