Old 29-08-2011, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Fuschia[_3_] Fuschia[_3_] is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:31:35 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Fuschia wrote:
A non-sequitur much beloved of smokers.
"Help, I've lost the argument again! - ah yes, the alcohol dodge."

Plenty of similarities. Both are mind changing recreational drugs.
However, the detrimental effects of alcohol on behaviour (with many) make
it very different. And the havoc is causes to society in a totally
different league. But carry on thinking it's harmless. Just because you're
a user.

And where did I say alcohol is harmless? Alcohol certainly has great
dangers and has to be controlled.

What I said is that it's a non sequitur. Look it up if you need to.
Alcohol is not relevant to the discussion on passive smoking, and has
no bearing on whether passive smoking is unpleasant and/or dangerous.

By all means let's talk about alcohol in another thread, but that's
not what the OP was complaining about.