Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
kush

Default otos "attacking" other fish?

Concur. I don't know how many otos I've had over the years - certainly
hundreds, possibly thousands - and I have never seen one even look like it
realized that there were other fish in the tank.

LeighMo wrote in message
I just
read a post here alluding to otos going after the slime coating on other
fish. This is something I wasn't aware of..

Most of them don't do this. Every once in awhile, you'll get an oto that

does.
Some plecos also do this. Otos, IME, are the least likely of

sucker-mouthed
fish to attack the slime coats of their tankmates, while CAEs are most

likely.

First my tiger barbs, now most of my fish, are scratching against plants

and
the heater, etc. I've seen some things that made me think gill flukes

(esp
the tiger barbs' gills look discolored).

I don't think the otos are to blame. It sounds like you have some kind of
parasite in the tank.

Leigh