Old 30-08-2011, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_2_] Gib Bogle[_2_] is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On 30/08/2011 10:18 a.m., The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 29/08/2011 13:51, Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

In ,
wrote:
A non-sequitur much beloved of smokers.
"Help, I've lost the argument again! - ah yes, the alcohol dodge."

Plenty of similarities. Both are mind changing recreational drugs.
However, the detrimental effects of alcohol on behaviour (with many)
make
it very different. And the havoc is causes to society in a totally
different league. But carry on thinking it's harmless. Just because
you're
a user.

Anyone who needs to take 15 minutes per hour off work to get a drink has
a problem. So does someone who needs to spend the same amount of time
smoking.

15 minutes? How big is this cigarette?

Another gross exaggeration, typical of the anti smoking fascists.

I think it would make sense to legalize cocaine and ban tobacco.
Smokers could then switch and become coke-heads. Cocaine is both less
harmful to the user and harmless to bystanders.

Does this make me a puritanical fascist?