Old 30-08-2011, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Something has had me goldfish?

In message
Martin wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 10:41:38 +0100, wrote:

In message
"Interloper" wrote:

wrote:

Our two remaining fish are traumatised lurking at the bottom
of the pond.

That's a typical indication of a heron having been in your pool.

Strange that there has been no evidence of a predator, like
damaged foliage, pond plants etc all left intact, the heron must
be very stealthy to leave to trace.

Herons are very stealthy. I've never seen them leave a trace.

I think I have provided suitable protection above the pond for
now anyway, whilst underneath I have a large pottery pot with a
hole drilled in the base which is left on its side on the bottom
of the pond for them to hide in, hopefully offering the fish a bit
more protection.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk