Old 30-08-2011, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On 2011-08-30, charles wrote:

In article , The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 29/08/2011 13:23, Steve Firth wrote:

Yup. I got stared at long and hard in company "personnel" meetings when
I asked if I could take 15-20 minutes off every hour

Again, just how large is this cigarette that takes 20 mins to smoke?

The cigarette doesn't take 20 minutes to smoke - but the absence from work
could be that long:

Leave desk, go to toilet, wait for lift, use lift (which stops at all
floors), go outside, look in bag or pocket for cigarettes, same with
lighter/matches, smoke cigarette, go back indoors (having first found
security pass in pocket/bag, wait for lift, use lift, go to toilet, return
to desk. That's an easy 20 minutes.

It seems a bit unfair to count "go[ing] to toilet", since all
employees do that anyway; if anything, combining the toilet & smoking
breaks is probably a bit more efficient than making separate trips.
;-)

Anyway, the OP didn't ask how to make his neighbours stop smoking, or
even stop smoking in their garden --- just how to keep the smoke/smell
away from him & his family in their own garden.