Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Alan Silver

Default what is the best way to clean flourite?

Is there a better way to clean it? (I live in a condo...no hose)

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I thought you might find this
interesting ...

I clean gravel (presumably flourite would be no different) in a baby
bath. We have one that has a raised section at one end so you can lift
the baby onto it to drain off before taking him/her out of the bath.

This works fine for rinsing gravel. I pour the gravel in the main end of
the bath and play a hose on it. I tip the bath up so that the water runs
off over the raised bit. This effectively stops the gravel going with
it. That way you can just sit there hosing the gravel until the water
comes clean.

I do it outside, but the advantage of a baby bath is that it will fit in
a regular bath, so you can do it outside. The small particles that come
off will go down the drain without problem.

HTH

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "furryferret" if replying by e-mail