Old 31-08-2011, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Hugh - Was Invisible Hugh - Was Invisible is offline

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On 31/08/2011 09:59, Rover wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:02:12 +0100, Hugh - Was Invisible
wrote:

snip

One of my brothers in law did not smoke. He was a professional guitar
player. He died from lung cancer in his fifties after playing in
countless smoky places.

He probably had a shit most days; that does not mean it caused his lung cancer.

The overwhelming majority of lung cancer occurs in smokers. The link is
so high it would be foolish to suggest that passive smoking does not
cause a lot more.

I was surprised to note that research links smoking and passive smoking
with hearing loss. So my 45 a day habit might explain why my hearing is
so poor. Hopefully I gave up long enough ago that my risks of lung
cancer and heart disease are receding. Then again I have spent a lot of
time in smoky offices, pubs and clubs so perhaps I had better make my
funeral arrangements.