Old 31-08-2011, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Cox's Apples

"'Mike'" wrote in message
My daughter and son in law has a Cox's Apple which is laden. I chose one
the other day, gently lifted and twisted and it fell into my hands. A sign
on my massive Bramley at my last house, that it was ripe. 'fraid not,
still hard and quite bitter.

What's the signal please? OR, they picked as described and stored?

I would guess there are some experts out there ;-)

I wouldn't claim to be an expert, but in my experience, if a Cox rattles
when you shake it, it's ripe.