Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Anyone here from California or Florida? Second try at getting information

On Sep 1, 9:44*am, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/31/2011 9:55 PM, wrote:

I brought back from CA here to Illinois some 7/8 diameter palm tree
seeds,
like miniature cocoanuts. *They had fallen from the seed pod clusters
on the tree
and were laying on the ground/sidewalk. *When I lived in FL, we would
let the cocoanuts dry out before planting them. *Should I do the same
thing with these miniature-sized palm tree seeds, or can I just plant
them now?

Why ask here? Google is your friend. When presented with the words 'plant
palm seeds' it obliged with more information that I cared to wade though
but the first answer is probably close enough and probably better than
anything you will get here.

Tryhttp://www.palms.org/principes/1999/palmseeds.htm

I wanted a plain English response, not one that requires a Phd in
biology.