Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interloper[_2_] View Post
My garden is ringed by conifer hedges and I detest them. Some are mine,
most belong to neighbours. I lose two days of my life every year trimming
them back so they don't take over my garden and cutting the tops so I still
get some daylight.

I think conifers are best trimmed with a chainsaw just above ground level
Depends on the conifer, doesn't it? I have a conifer in my front garden with beautiful blue green foliage which is still only 2ft high after 15 years. And every year if produces a crop of rich purplish fir cones.