Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Fertilizing blueberries

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

I put in two bushes a few months ago, in my own very good planting
mix. Being new at blueberries I let the nursery sell me a box of
E.B. Stone Organics food for Azaleas, Camellias and Gardenias --
plants that also need acidic conditions, which they said would be
appropriate for blueberries.

The formula is % 5 N, 5 P2O5, 3 K2O, 3 Ca, 1 S. (the 2's are
subscripts). Plus lots of good natural biotics.

Yet when I went to look on-line just now, I didn't find that formula.
I found, e.g. 16-8-8, and one organic suggestion: Blood Meal or Fish
Meal for N; Spagnum Peat or coffee grounds for acidity, and Bone
Meal and Powdered Seaweed for P & K.

Note also that most sites said NOT to feed blueberries the first year
after planting. T/F ?

So, will someone please tell me what kind of fertilizer to use on
these blueberries, and when?

(Note: This is So. Calif. coastal. The nursery said they carry these
varieties because they are bred to require less winter chill.)

TIA

HB

Adjust the soil to a pH of 5.5.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis