Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_3_] Pete C[_3_] is offline

Default What is this beetle?

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have been picking and freezing runner beans this morning. In so doing I
have come across several beetles(?) The are all green, making them perfect
camouflage amongst the beans, oval almost round about 1.2cm in size. As my
crop is good I assume they are benign. However I would like to know what
they are and if they are a possible problem. The only one I can tell is
that they are so well camouflaged that we may end up eating them, added
protein anyway. ;-)

As has been said, stink bug. I had a lot last year, only a few now. They
don't do any harm....live and let live
Pete C