Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jo[_5_] Jo[_5_] is offline

Default Brown Leaves on Forsythia

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...
I bought and planted a Forsythia in May. It is situated in a shady/sunny
spot and I have kep it well watered since planting. However, all the
leaves are starting to turn brown from the tips. I originally thought it
was due to insufficient watering as only the tips of the leaves were
brown, but as time goes on, the leaves are increasingly turning brown.
Any advice?

Bit dark when I read your posting last night and been a bit busy this
morning at the Theatre. Did think of getting the torch last night but
decided against ;-))

Not your problem at all. It comes round every year, it's called Autumn
when all the leaves will drop on your plant, and others as well ;-))

Mike

I'm not daft! It just seemed a little early for that.