Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default takes the biscuit

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:41:51 +0100, Mike Lyle

On 2011-08-31 10:22:44 +0100, Emery Davis said:

Well I never...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14725367

Hope his jabs were up to date.

Oh that made me shudder - but what a lucky escape in the end!

Me too. But it tells us something we already knew about Auntie Beeb's
attitude to gardening that she doesn't know the difference between
shears and secateurs. Coming soon: a four-pronged spade.

I used to have a neighbour who didn't seem to know the difference
between shears and kitchen scissors. Took her a day to edge her lawn

Mind you, she also used to vacuum the lawn after cutting it! And put
the sprinkler out whenever it rained. She said it was to help the rain
soak into the ground. OK, she had the best front lawn in the street!

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk