Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is there a mycologist in the house?

In article ,
Keith Cunningham wrote:

It'll almost certainly be on this site somewhere,
http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/ , but there's a lot of stuff to rake
through.

You can't identify fungi like that from pictures alone. Sorry.
At the very least, you need the details of their stem, gills and
cap and spore colour - and, for reliable indentification, often
spore shape (which needs a microscope).

Even when I did a fair amount of this, there were some where I
just had to give up because I lacked the last.

There are exceptions, but that picture isn't one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.