Old 04-09-2011, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Carol Klein row

On 2011-09-04 13:50:25 +0100, Paul Corfield said:

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 13:16:17 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

A friend has just read me an article from the Sunday Telegraph main
paper which says that Carol Klein has had to close her nursery, Glebe
Cottage Plants. It says she has had a row with the landlord over a
large pile of compost. I gather the land on which the nursery stands
is only rented tthough her house and garden are owned.

It was in the Guradian a few days ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...ursery-closure

Seems a bit daft to me.

There are two sides to it. He claims she's left the nursery area in a
messy state with a compost heap close to his door. She claims he gave
her notice only because she criticised publicly the way he'd
'butchered' trees when pruning them. He says she said that after he'd
given her notice etc. Apparently, he bought the land from its original
owner quite recently. I believe the plan is to re-organise the garden
to incorporate the nursery into it but as neither were very big, I
wonder if she'll have to acquire more land from somewhere.

I find it very sad.

I hope it turns out to be a storm in a tea cup and that they
eventually make up
--

Martin

That depends. You know how vicious some people can be, even when they are
wrong, no hope of an apology even !!!

I think her best bet is to grab the publicity, make the most of it, pick
herself up, dust herself off, and start all over again. It 'is' possible, I
did it when Maggie Thatcher almost succeeded in what Hitler tried to do,
ruin our country's manufacturing capabilities. I, along with lots of other
successful businesses went to the wall, but you use that experience and turn
it round :-))

Power to Carol

Mike