Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
john east john east is offline

Default Glass fibre pots weathering after a couple of years

The winds just blown over our olive tree in a terracota pot. I must say the
pot has broken up very easily.

At the garden centre we have just seen some so called 'fibre-clay' pots, and
they do quite a big square one which is what we need. It's fibra glass with
a moulded patterned outside.

They come in different colours which seems to be sprayed on to the outside.
A paler similar colour to the top colour seems to lie underneath the top
colour.

Does anyone have experience of these pots and how do they 'weather' after a
few years. If they resort back to a grey shiny finish (which is lot of
fibre glass is that colour )they might look a bit awful after two or three
years?