Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Winter

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, 'Mike' wrote:

Ferries out of Portsmouth and Poole stopped I hear :-(

Check your local news. Only the FastCats to Cherbourg are cancelled.

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France

Thanks David. I heard it on Classic fm and must admit I didn't pay 100%
attention as to which ferries it was referring to.

Yesterday was odd. A new Vicar was being installed (is that the right word)
in the local church next door to my daughter and son in law's house. They
were away for the weekend and the church asked if the visiting vicars etc
cold robe up in their main hall as there would not be sufficient room at the
church for everybody. (It's only a small village church), so we went to look
after them all. 2.00 pm they were coming. All the morning ........ stair
rods. Water pouring down the drive and down the steps near the swimming
pool. By 2.00pm all dried and sun shining as they processed out down the
drive and into the lane to go next door to the church.

When they came back, they all assembled again in the main hall I said, 'Now
listen you lot, this morning stair rods. This afternoon brilliant sunshine.
Who did you speak to to arrange that?' Someone said "The Bishop of
Portsmouth" (He was there) someone else said "We have friends in 'high'
places"

and today? Worse than yesterday!!

The main hall, known as 'the barn', at Christmas
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=IKAF3YLN

Mike