Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Winter

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:48:14 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, 'Mike' wrote:

Ferries out of Portsmouth and Poole stopped I hear :-(

Check your local news. Only the FastCats to Cherbourg are cancelled.

Just seen this posted

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/weat...ice-40533.aspx

It goes without saying that the hovercraft will be suspended!

I was going to block in a window in an outhouse this morning. The wind
blows the blocks straight out again! Bah!

I found it odd that after some years in service the High Speed ferry
Discovery, was moved from the Harwich Hoek route to the Irish Sea,
because the North Sea was too rough for it. We used it a lot of times
before they moved it. We weren't on it the day they forgot to strap
down a truck containing 50 tons of fish. When the ferry accelerated as
it left the Hoek of Holland, the truck went out through the rear doors
taking the three cars and the doors with it.
--

Martin

The fish wanted to go home? ;-}

Mike