Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Plants_Galore Plants_Galore is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Hi

When do people start planting spring bulbs? I'm thinking especially of
borders where there is still summer bedding in flower - is there a time
in Sept or Oct where you just dig up the old bedding to get bulbs in?

In past years I've left it till the first frost does for the bedding,
then planted bulbs afterwards. This often seems to give poor results,
with the bulbs rotting or not producing many flowers or flowering very
late. Is extra time in the ground in Sept good for a bulb?

Thanks for any opinions

Kate xxx
Hi

This is the perfect time to start planting bulbs. You can plant them in beds but they are also great for planting in containers and patio pots. They will give you a fantastic display in the spring. It is always good to let the bulbs establish themselves before we start to get the hard frosts, which can come all too early!!!!
You don't have to be Shrek to have green fingers!
For great advice and quality plants visit http://plantsgaloreonline.co.uk or call us on: 01279 792 321