Old 06-09-2011, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Load of manure

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:48:41 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Sep 6, 4:00*pm, Baz wrote:
harry wrote :

Don't worry. Just dig it in as the ground is cleared of crops. It has
come at exactly the right time. *By next year it will all have rotted
down, you won't see a thing left.
Improves the soil structure no end, you can't get enough of it, esp if
your soil is light.
I get all mine for free and free transport,a neighbour has a huge
trailer which we fill up.

We have decided to exceed the budget and have a few more loads. What the
hell! We are only alive once. We are paying, you are a lucky so and so.

Good luck to you, harry.

Baz

Heh heh. We have lots of rich little horsey girlies round here, their
fathers spoil them rotten with horse riding. There are three places
within a quarter of a mile. all desperate to get rid of their hoss
shit.

Next Spring (unless you have a chalk/limestone soil) you need to lime
it. But NOT when the manure is fresh on.
You can get a lifetime supply from the builder's merchant very cheap
(50Kg bag). Needs to be kept dry. Powerful stuff don't go too mad
with it.

But don't lime the spud patch - they love acid.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk