Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default wheelbarrow reviews?

On Sep 6, 9:09*pm, chris French
wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

In article , Jake
writes
But I'd really suggest that you give some builders' a try out before
you buy one - you may just find a builders' one too big.

No, tried and liked builder's barrows, the weight seems more balanced
somehow. But they can be shallower than the gardening ones

Yup, my old builders one had a noticeably shallower tray than my current
one. Probably better for barrowing/tipping dense building materials like
concrete

If I was going to get a metal tray one I think I'd look for one with a
welded on tray - the holes for the fixing screws seem to be a weak point
- mine rusted there and the tray eventually detached.

Hamelin also make some good barrows:

http://www.haemmerlin.ltd.uk/

--
Chris French

Try searching Google Images easy to see the different types and just
click on the picture of what looks good to you.
Such as
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=LS6252D