Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Big garden fail again.

On Sep 6, 9:04*pm, Derald wrote:
"Steve Peek" wrote:
Isn't sweet potato in the same family?

* * * * Yes, all of the plants under discussion are in the same family, the
Convolvulaceae. Sweet potato is an ipomoea. A morning glory. Sweet potato
blossoms are big and showy sort of purpley magenta like some morning glories. I
don't know how far north they grow.
--
Derald
FL USDA zone 9ahttp://www.onlineconversion.com/

North to the 48th parallel I can attest to. My wide got some to grow
for the first time on her arbor this year.

Convolvulaceae, the vines of the serpent. AKA ololiuqui, a
hallucinogenic. Its reportedly the shaman's LSD used to consult with
the Oracle or the devil depending on who you consult.