Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Is it Spring??????????

On Sep 7, 7:04*pm, kay wrote:
'Emery Davis[_4_ Wrote:

;935677']On 09/06/2011 10:12 PM, Roger Tonkin wrote:-
Despite all the post about autumnal rains and winter weather, one of my

Rhododenron's has just come into flower!

It sufered badly in the winter and did not flower very well but picked

up in May and put on a lot of growth, which is now flowering.

-

My Viburnum x bodnantense and witch hazels think it's late winter,
they're in full bloom.

Yes, but V bodnantense always does start into flower about now. Maybe
not early Sep but certainly before the start of October.
Witch hazel is out of season. Must look at mine - I had some autumn
flowers on it last year.

And of course I've got the usual primroses and dog violets in flower.

--
kay

Here in the wet of Swansea Bay Senecio.greyii, Weigela Bristol Ruby
are both flowering well.
David