Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default wheelbarrow reviews?

In message , sambucus
writes

Like most folks who have replied I much prefer the Builders Barrow for
serious work - all to do with the balance, length of handles and the
wheel.

The are pros and cons re metal or plastic trays on barrows. And much is
probably down to personal preference.

But there is an assumption that that all equals metal barrow. It
doesn't, there are plenty of similarly balanced and constructed barrows
with polypro trays. Sure there are plenty of crap barrows around - like
most from most garden centres and DIY stores probably, but that's like
most things - if you look around you will find better.

I prefer my current barrow to my old builders barrow, because it has a
deeper tray than the typical builders barrow, which is better for the
type of stuff I tend to carry in it when gardening, but that's not
really anything much to do with the tray material. I'm sure I could have
had the same in steel.
--
Chris French