Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT OT Google chrome

On 08/09/2011 08:45, David Rance wrote:
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, David in Normandy wrote:

Has anyone tried Google Chrome browser?
Is it worth using instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox?

I've been using it for about 6 months. I think it is better than both.

Can you get add-ons to block all adverts and selectively block scripts
too as with Firefox? They are the main reasons I use Firefox - the web
is a different place without all the adverts and malware trying to
grab your computer. Internet Explorer is rubbish and a security death
trap.

However PC Pitstop, a well-known critic of Microsoft, reports that IE is
actually the safest browser.

I can't see much difference between them. I'd use FF more except that it
takes a long time to load. And all the other browsers, apart from IE,
are based on Firefox.

David

I'm stuck with dial-up here; so blocking adverts is a must for me, they
typically take more bandwidth than the pages I'm viewing. The only time
I picked up a virus was from a fully patch version of IE which Microsoft
were too slow to fix a known security hole with and I got hit with a
"drive-by" attack. Never had a virus with Firefox.

On the rare occasions I use IE now it is much slower than Firefox -
simply due to all the advert graphics on many websites that it insists
on downloading via my feeble dial-up.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.