Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Winter

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:21:49 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

snip

I learned all this stuff in school in the 60s. I only remember it all
because the geography teacher was a prat who worried more about the
colour ink you used than what you wrote. My blue pen had run out of
ink so I'd written an essay in black ink. I got a zero simply because
black ink must only be used for teacher's dictation. On the other
hand, at least I remember something!

Was he a former civil servant? I have vague recollections of rules
about who could use various coloured inks.
--

Martin

Back in the 60's, only the Accountants and Auditors could use a green pen on
the Prudential!!

Mike