Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default OT OT Google chrome

In message , Martin
writes
On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:43:03 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , Jake
writes
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:44:16 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Dave Hill" wrote...

Has anyone tried Google Chrome browser?
Is it worth using instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox?

I have both IE and GC on my PC and have done for some months. Whilst I
always used to use IE I find I use GC all the time now.

Likewise. GC is much faster that IE9, particularly when displaying
photos.

People make various claims for this or that browser being faster. I swap
around amongst various browsers I can't say I really notice any great
difference in general use

I've used Chrome, it's fine but it was never compelling enough to haveme
changing from FF/Opera

The difference between start up times of GC and FF is obvious without
using a stop watch.

shrug since my browsers are open just about all the time, start up
times aren't really an issue for me.

But in general day to day use I can say I notice a difference. i'm not
saying that if I looked and timed things I might might find that it is
faster, but it not something I noticed
--
Chris French